Bureaucracy
All right buddies! Here it is. New life, new blog!It has been an extremely long process. And it is not even over yet!
BUT good news: yesterday [08/19/2019] I finally signed the contract!
Apparently, the biggest delay was due to fundings that were not available until one month ago or so (for now, let's forget about the fact that I was wrong to send some documents to the University of Nevada, Reno (UNR)).
Can you image a longer application procedure?!
But wait, let's try to summarize this path of bureaucratic suffering from the dawn of prehistory:
UAVs And More
The very first email ever sent to Dr. K dates back to Wed, 13 Jun 2018, 14:24.
At that time I was having some difficulties in my project at work and I was planing to quit.
This was one of the main reasons why I started to think about a phd: too young to stop studying, not old enough to start working!
This was one of the main reasons why I started to think about a phd: too young to stop studying, not old enough to start working!
"UAVs And More" was the subject of the email I sent to get some tips from someone from a 'higher level', like a faculty advisor he is. I needed to talk to someone so bad!
He also made me think about pros and cons of working in a company/startup style against a phd life. And this is the most scary part, of course.
It is well known that a phd life it is NOT an easy choice.
On Tue, 27 Nov 2018, 18:30 (yes, after 8.30 hours of a normal working day with almost no brakes, I was like a zombie), I had the opportunity to meet the guys of the lab on skype, and I started that it was exactly the place where I wanted to be. I really had no worries in receiving a fast reply. And, after some time (30 Dec 2018, 02:15), I received the long waited confirmation email. I'm in! The Interview
But my joy was all a premature illusion..
Requirements
After that, I started to collect all the requirements needed to be admitted by the Department. After a few hitches along the way, a constant since I was born, I had them all right.
So why the heck on Fri, 17 May, 21:58 I still result 'not accepted' by the Department? After some (A LOT) emails to different people and sectretaries inside the UNR, I get officially accepted.
It was Mon, 5 Aug, 17:40. Lessons start on Mon, 26 Aug. lol
So why the heck on Fri, 17 May, 21:58 I still result 'not accepted' by the Department? After some (A LOT) emails to different people and sectretaries inside the UNR, I get officially accepted.
It was Mon, 5 Aug, 17:40. Lessons start on Mon, 26 Aug. lol

Commenti
Posta un commento