Week 4


Dear Diary,

So much stuff going on this week! And the first month here is already gone..

Quizzes and more quizzes

This University is hard! But in a good way. Basically you have to 'know things' because there is a in-class test every week. And homework. A lot of homework. And the work at the lab too. AAARGH!

The Gym


FINALLY I found some time to join the 46 millions $$ (yes, 46 $$$ !) gym of the campus. And I feel alive again. The first 2 weeks here I trained only on Saturday for several reasons, but now I found a kind of balance between work/study/sports.
I tried to imitate the other guys in the lab (an average of 14/16 hours/day in front of a screen with almost no brakes) but I simply can not do it.
I guess I have to do it my way, as usual.



The international BBQ

Yes! I had my very first american barbecue! And it was amazing! So many people, from all around the world (most of them from Japan, for some reason). I had quite hard times in remembering their names, next time I should write them down.. 
At this bbq I brought back to memory an old life lesson that I learned many years ago: the beers at a party are never enough! They were all gone in less that 3 minutes (and yes, I was the only one who brought alcohol to the party)!

Dragonforce Concert

Last night was amazing! The band Dragonforce came to Reno for 19$ (which is riddddiculus) and played a 1h30 of true smashing-face extreme power metal like only those London guys can do. It was awesome!
After that we had a tour in the 'underground': 3 connected casinos where you can find clubs, fast foods, places to do almost anything.
* Comparison *
In Reno, going to these labyrinths of slot machines, games for kid, clubs (so much drunk people) and sticky fast-foods is the European version of "let's go out, let's have a walk to the xyz plaza!". 

But it is reasonable: the eldest building that I was able to find is 100 years old (lol).

I am pretty sure I forgot something, but for now that's all!
 



Commenti

Posta un commento

Post popolari in questo blog

Week 3

August - September