Week 3
Yep! It's already been 3 weeks!
Time flies when you are having fun, I guess..
I apologize in being so late with this post, I will try to publish one every Sunday. At least this was the original plan.
BUT then I got trapped in this world of 'late lab nights' and I really like it!
So my standard day is something like this:
Time flies when you are having fun, I guess..
I apologize in being so late with this post, I will try to publish one every Sunday. At least this was the original plan.
BUT then I got trapped in this world of 'late lab nights' and I really like it!
So my standard day is something like this:
- Wake up: easy, I'm a morning person
- Say hello to C. N. and A. (my housemates)
- Eat the entire world: I don't know why, but I am always hungry. ALWAYS
- Grab the bike and go to the lab!
Now it depends: on Mon and Wed I have classes in the morning, so I work at the lab after launch. All the other days I work all day long.
SPOILER: I am documenting my activities, probably at the end of each month I'll make a video.. Stay tuned!
Considerations on this first period in Reno
I really like this town! Even if I am not living it like I used to do in Torino, everyone here is kind, open, I did not see any contrast of any type yet. I assume I'll need some more time.
Italy is EVERYWHERE: I never realized how famous is Italy in the US. It's on the sauce's labels. On every single restaurant that sells pizza. On clothes. On toilet papers! (nope, this would be gross).
The typical conversation I have any time I meet someone new is:
"Hey wassssssup?"
"yeeeah maaan"
"wherru from?"
"I'm from Italy man!"
"Idly? FORRREAL? I looooooooooove Idly man! Been there twice!"
Or something like that..
Or something like that..
Considerations on the work in the LAB
Dr.K. is simply a genius. I have never seen someone in my life working so hard, on so many different things, and have the time to remain focus and guide his students towards their project. I really admire him from the deep. It's true inspiration. And he is fun too! So I can tell my sophisticated jokes even to him without the feeling of being judged. (like: "I wasn't that drunk yesterday." "Oh boy you took the shower head in your arms and told it to stop crying!")
Ps. The Image Processing prof asked me for the Carbonara recipe.
Ps2. Americans can not drive. They have no idea what they are doing with that wheel.
Ps3. I WILL NEVER STOP BIKING!
Ps4. Look on the Left: I added a Subscribe by email gadget! You will be notified anytime something pops up!
UPDATE:
Ps3. I WILL NEVER STOP BIKING!
Ps4. Look on the Left: I added a Subscribe by email gadget! You will be notified anytime something pops up!


This thingie you are doing it's so cool. Can't wait for the next update. Bring some sexy-italianess to this cool americans mate! :D
RispondiElimina