Week 6-7-8

Aaargh I'm getting super busy. 
I already knew this would happen at some point, but I could not imagine this much and this fast!

As usual, I'll try to make a list of BIG stuff that have been going on during this time..


Hospital Experience

Ok, this was intese.
Basically one Saturday morning I wake up to go to the bathroom and I lose consciousness. Twice. The first time I cut my head in the back, the second time on the forehead. Nothing special, do not worry I'm more than fine. But I needed stitches!
So I ended up spending a beautyful Saturday afternoon in the hospital, experimenting in first person  the much criticized American health system (before you ask: yes, as a PhD student I have an health insurance!).


And I have to say: compared to other pepople waiting in the room with me, my cuts were nothing! 
I had all the services and the care that I needed. Overall, I have to say, positive experience!


Nevada Day

The 25th of October was Nevada Day! (It commemorates the state's October 31, 1864 admission to the Union, fyi). In Carson City there was a huge parade (5 hours more or less) and the atmosphere was great! Another amazing day!




Zombie Crawl

WHO KNEW BEING DEAD WAS THIS MUCH FUN?
A hole night dedicated to the dead world, incredible! People from all ages and many different countries goining downtown to crawl from place to place (i still cannot belive these girls going around half-naked with -5°C at night, but it does not seem a problem to them..lol).
And parties in every pub of the city.



New House

Yes! I just move out! Closer to campus. Basically in front of it. I think that if I have class at 11am, for example, I could wake up at 10:56. But the real reason of joy is that I can stay in the lab (potentially) forever without the fear of riding the bike for 25min at night. Nice.



As usual, I am pretty sure I forgot something but it's fine.


Peace!
Ps. the video is on its way!

Commenti

Posta un commento

Post popolari in questo blog

Week 3

August - September