November
Dear blog,
The past three weeks were pretty busy!
Overall I'm doing good, trying to balance study/research/sport/human relations..
Here is the main summary.
Veterans Day
Yet another excuse to have a BBQ! With the lab guyz we have been to a wonderful location on the Truckee River. We've been eating all day long, I was so full! (almost, not completely of course)
Pig Nic && Loving Cup && Karaoke Bar
These three places I have the chance to checkout are amazing! Live music every evening, launch events, and much much more!
When I first came here I thought 'music must be dead around this place'. I couldn't be more wrong! There's plenty of great bands to see live, I'm so happy!
Pig Nic
Loving Cup
West Second Karaoke Bar
Late Night Building and Testing Robots
Last friday I went to the lab at 9, as usual. But I could not imagine that I would stay there until 5:30am. We really wanted to setup one ground robot to record some dataset (3d lidar, rgb and thermal cameras, basic stuff). But when we went out to go to the test building (3 am) we found out it was snowing badly!
And around 5am the battery of the robot died and we had to push 200 pounds of steel all the way up to the lab. I was exhausted!
The mood the next day was like this:
Sports Weekend
This last weekend I could finally go to see the Wolf Pack football team playing. It was a real fight until the end but, unfortunately, we lost at the very last second.
PomPom girls, the marching band, gadget throwing during breaks.. everything is so american!
But the real revelation was the Basketball Woman team.. I'm a huge fan right now!
That's all for now,
Peace!
The past three weeks were pretty busy!
Overall I'm doing good, trying to balance study/research/sport/human relations..
Here is the main summary.
Veterans Day
Yet another excuse to have a BBQ! With the lab guyz we have been to a wonderful location on the Truckee River. We've been eating all day long, I was so full! (almost, not completely of course)
Pig Nic && Loving Cup && Karaoke Bar
These three places I have the chance to checkout are amazing! Live music every evening, launch events, and much much more!
When I first came here I thought 'music must be dead around this place'. I couldn't be more wrong! There's plenty of great bands to see live, I'm so happy!
Pig Nic
Loving Cup
West Second Karaoke Bar
Late Night Building and Testing Robots
Last friday I went to the lab at 9, as usual. But I could not imagine that I would stay there until 5:30am. We really wanted to setup one ground robot to record some dataset (3d lidar, rgb and thermal cameras, basic stuff). But when we went out to go to the test building (3 am) we found out it was snowing badly!
And around 5am the battery of the robot died and we had to push 200 pounds of steel all the way up to the lab. I was exhausted!
The mood the next day was like this:
Sports Weekend
This last weekend I could finally go to see the Wolf Pack football team playing. It was a real fight until the end but, unfortunately, we lost at the very last second.
PomPom girls, the marching band, gadget throwing during breaks.. everything is so american!
But the real revelation was the Basketball Woman team.. I'm a huge fan right now!
That's all for now,
Peace!








Commenti
Posta un commento