March - April
I am back!
Everything is fine. Even during these Covidays.
Even more busy than usual, the end of the semester is coming. And summer is watching me from the outside whispering "come oooouuuttt!"
These pas few weeks have been crazy. I moved the entire set of stuff I need to work on my project between my room and the garage. I feel a little bit like Dr. Rick.
Here is the accustomed summary.
I took the chance to keep up with the studies (I missed 2 months of lessons) and it went poorly: I finally started working on my research project! So I switched to that 24/7
f contact of the propellers with any object.
The design is a trial and error progress: I learned how to cad in Solidworks (extremely powerful tool for an engineer) and that is a no-return way. It is like a drug, now I feel the need to 3D print some random piece just to remind myself that I can do it. lol
This is the very first prototype:

Everything is fine. Even during these Covidays.
Even more busy than usual, the end of the semester is coming. And summer is watching me from the outside whispering "come oooouuuttt!"
These pas few weeks have been crazy. I moved the entire set of stuff I need to work on my project between my room and the garage. I feel a little bit like Dr. Rick.
Here is the accustomed summary.
Post - DARPA competition
We got some rest days. We earned them I suppose. We were so stressed that people started to show up again in the lab only after one entire week. And it feels really weird when you are used to spend 18 hours straight on average with the same people, every day (Sat & Sun included), working side by side, and, suddenly, everybody is gone.I took the chance to keep up with the studies (I missed 2 months of lessons) and it went poorly: I finally started working on my research project! So I switched to that 24/7
Fast Resilient Micro Flyer
The idea is to fly fast. Agile. Avoiding obstacles, of course, autonomously. And be a little bit tolerant with collisions. I got the idea mainly from the fact that our current flying robots are around 3.4 Kg, which leaves no space for survivor in case oThe design is a trial and error progress: I learned how to cad in Solidworks (extremely powerful tool for an engineer) and that is a no-return way. It is like a drug, now I feel the need to 3D print some random piece just to remind myself that I can do it. lol
This is the very first prototype:
Halo left
(Sad voice) Halo, my housemate's dog, had to come back to his house in Mindon.
It was inspirational! Always active and ready for some movement.. I will always remember him like this:
I found Moscato D'Asti
It really close to the taste of the one I used to drink in Turin! Unbelievable! Of course they had to lock-down due to Covid, but apart from that best 14$ spent so far in alcool.
The Weather is Weird
"If you do not like the weather in Nevada, just wait 5 minutes" they say. I did not know how true was this quote! It can literally snow and be 85F in the same day. And guess how is a little bit meteopathic? These photos were taken within 10 hours
Baseball
OMG I found this metal baseball bat on the ground on a sidewalk (then I looked up on internet, 100 bucks) and we went play baseball in the court behind our house (love that park).
It is amazing! And it also a social distant sport, fact that can help during these days.

First Outside Dinner
It is becoming an habit, during the past weeks, to have a dinner all together with the roomies. I love my housemates! We spend much more time and it is super fun. And we eat. A lot.
Weel I guess that's all I have for this update.
Stay safe!
Stay safe!








Thanks for sharing, even with those typos ;-)
RispondiElimina